Saturday, January 4, 2014

More image similarity analysis... & my last resort method, rules for the eyeball

I found some useful image analysis code in Matlab online from siddhant ahuja. I found it during an handy google search on "texture similarity image analysis" or some such.  I will be using some of the transforms to see if I get any good results...?

Similarity Matrix for MFCC's of the audio Variations V from Chicago Cage 100 Festival* :





















Similarity Matrix for movement from Variations V from Chicago Cage 100 Festival(from video analysis, tracking torso and wrists by hand, then using the summed velocity)




















Similarity Matrix for movement during the ballet Giselle (a sort of null hypothesis), movement information obtained in the same way as the previous example.*




















* These are excerpts, not from the entire piece.

If all else fails, very quickly I will have to go to less computational means of analysis. Create strict rules for what similarity means, and create a ranking. I can then move on to use this as a justification for further work in my conclusion. This is very dissatisfying but this has been an enormous amount of brute force, technical, and programming work for what should be a music history paper for a class, so at some point I have to stop the search for the holy grail self-similarity matrix similarity...

No comments:

Post a Comment